This Page

has been moved to new address

Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Passage by M.J. Putney

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Passage by M.J. Putney

This Page

has been moved to new address

Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Passage by M.J. Putney

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Passage by M.J. Putney

This Page

has been moved to new address

Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Passage by M.J. Putney

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Passage by M.J. Putney

This Page

has been moved to new address

Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Passage by M.J. Putney

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Passage by M.J. Putney

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Passage by M.J. Putney

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly Meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. It's about books blogger can't wait to be published.

My pick this week is:

Author: M.J. Putney
Titel: Dark Passage
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Genre: Young Adult
Series: Dark Mirror #2
Publication Date: Sep. 13th 2011 
Goodreads summary
In the exciting follow up to DARK MIRROR, Tory and her friends from Lackland Abbey travel forward in time to help a French scientist escape Hitler. Merlin’s Irregulars are grateful to have made it safely home to 1803 England, but their view of the world has changed.  Not only are they more confident and proud of their part in the heroic Dunkirk evacuation, but their powers have increased because of their dangerous and exhausting magical work. Tory and Allarde become closer everyday until an agonizing conflict threatens to tear them apart. Allarde is deeply connected to his family's estate, the land he will one day inherit, but only if he denies his magical abilities and marries a non-magical mate.  Being with Tory will deny him his heritage, and his family lets Tory know this.  Will she have the strength to end their relationship? Cynthia is now a powerful and respected member of the Irregulars, but her prickly attitude keeps everyone at a distance.  Feeling isolated and very alone at Lackland Abbey over the Christmas holidays makes her even surlier than usual, but an invitation from Jack Rainford to join in his family's festivities is an unexpected delight, though heaven forbid she show her gratitude!  There's an attraction between the two young mages, but will Cynthia let her guard down enough to let herself fall in love? Then the Irregulars are called upon once again, this time to rescue a vitally important French scientist and his family from Hitler.  Once before their magic helped save England’s future.  Can they do that again?

I'm so looking forward to this book. I fell in love with M.J. Putney's historical romances which are under my personal favorites. I was exited to hear that she wrote a young adult book, Dark Mirror, which incorporates also paranormal and fantasy elements. And I love Tony and Allarde and I'm looking forward to know more about them.

Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

At Aug 24, 2011, 8:22:00 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

These books intrigue me, but I've just not been able to get to Dark Mirror yet unfortunately. Going to add this one to the TBR as well!

Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 9:15:00 AM , Blogger Marissa said...

Just added Dark Mirror to my TBR (my stupidly LONG TBR). Nice find! Time travel always intrigues me especially now that I've read Myra McEntire's Hourglass.

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 10:04:00 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

A great WoW pick! it sounds interesting..

Mine is here, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-24th-august.html

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 10:43:00 AM , Blogger Jan von Harz said...

Loved Dark Mirror and am very excited to read this one too. Great pick!

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 11:38:00 AM , Blogger Safari Poet said...

I've never read anything by Putney. I might check out his work.

My WOW

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 2:29:00 PM , Blogger quirky girls said...

I've never heard of this. Time travel is very interesting when done well. I am going to have to add this series to the list.

-jehara

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 4:07:00 PM , Blogger Sash and Em said...

love historical stuff! nice WoW!

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 4:34:00 PM , Blogger Paranormal Night Owls said...

Ohhh, this sounds amazing! I must read it!!!

Please stop drop on by and visit our 'Waiting on Wednesdays" http://paranormalnightowls.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 5:08:00 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I have never heard of this book before. It sounds good.
Book Sniffers Anonymous

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 5:26:00 PM , Blogger Hafsah @ IceyBooks said...

The first one in this series wasn't one I really liked. It would have been a DNF for me if I hadn't forced myself to read it. Nonetheless, the covers are gorgeous.

My WoW

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 6:10:00 PM , Blogger Truly Bookish said...

Love the covers in this series and I love time travel books as well! Great pick.
NC
Truly Bookish

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 6:40:00 PM , Blogger Tribute Books Mama said...

Great cover and choice.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 6:46:00 PM , Blogger Alyssa (Hesperia Loves Books) said...

Love the cover, great WoW!

Thanks for stopping by mine ♥

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 7:49:00 PM , Blogger storyseekers said...

I really love this cover, so gorgeous! I will have to check the first book, before this one. Great choice for a WoW. Thanks for commenting on ours.

<3 Sarah @ The Story Seekers

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 8:01:00 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

Great pick! I have Dark Mirror on my Kindle. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 8:23:00 PM , Blogger LindsayWrites said...

hey!! i follow your blog! :) Great pick!

Hope you'll stop by my blog and let me know what you think of mine! :)

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 11:22:00 PM , Blogger Karen @ Book Light Graveyard said...

I haven't heard of this one, but it looks really good. I'll have to check out this series! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 11:31:00 PM , Blogger Mimi Valentine said...

Ooh! I haven't heard of this series before, but I love the concept of paranormalcy in historical romance! :) I'm definitely going to be looking to get my hands on a copy of the first book!

Thanks so much for stopping by, Nimue! Awesome pick for your WOW! :)

 
At Aug 24, 2011, 11:45:00 PM , Blogger Michael/Bookshelf Reviewer said...

Sounds like an interesting series. Thanks for commenting on mine.

 
At Aug 25, 2011, 2:14:00 AM , Blogger Ayanami Faerudo said...

I haven't read Dark Mirror yet but the series is sure interesting.

Thanks for stopping by. ^_^

 
At Aug 25, 2011, 5:01:00 AM , Blogger Rockee said...

Time Traveling, French Scientist, Merlin, and Hitler? Count me in! Maybe, except for the last part. Hehe. Seems like an awesome series. I'll put Dark Mirror and Dark Passage on my to-read list. Thanks Nimue, for this recommendation and for following me! I'll make sure to bring back the favor. Nice blog!^_^

 
At Aug 25, 2011, 6:35:00 AM , Blogger Erica said...

This one looks AWESOME! I need to pick up book 1.

 
At Aug 25, 2011, 12:51:00 PM , Blogger N.L. Mars said...

I haven't yet read Dark Mirror, but this sounds so cool that I think I'm going to have to check it out.
Thanks! :)

 
At Aug 25, 2011, 5:36:00 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Never heard of this one, I read the summary for Dark Mirrors on goodreads sounds really good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home