This Page

has been moved to new address

Feature & Follow Friday (7)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Feature & Follow Friday (7)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Feature & Follow Friday (7)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Feature & Follow Friday (7)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Feature & Follow Friday (7)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Feature & Follow Friday (7)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Feature & Follow Friday (7)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Feature & Follow Friday (7)

Friday, September 23, 2011

Feature & Follow Friday (7)




Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. This week's featured blogs are: The World of the Spork Master (funnt title!) and Obsession with Books. Have a look at them!
This week's question is:
Do you have a favorite series that you read over and over again? Tell us a bit about it and why you keep on revisiting it?
In general I reread almost all of my books but of course I do have favorites. One of the first series I fell in love was Outlander. I'm big fan of Jamie and Claire, especially in the first 2 books (the serie drags on and on) and I do like the whole time travel concept and these books were my person firsts with it. So these series is definitely one of my early favorites.
Then I reread Harry Potter a lot. Just last week I listened to the audio book of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I don't think I have to explain why I read/hear these books over and over again? By now all these characters feel like old friends. Though I wasn't a kid anymore when I read my first HP book, they are still part of a long stretch in my life. Interesting detail: I always paint walls while listening to the HP audio books!
Another series I absolutely love and read again and again and again is the The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. It's great urban fantasy and these guys are just perfect heros. Not in a way that they are perfect, actually exactly the opposite. They make mistakes, get hurt and dirty, are gorgeous and ... this list can go on for a while. Let's just say I love them and the heroines, too.
They are a few more series on my overall favorites which I will just list here: The Mortal Instruments (Cassandra Clare), The Huxtable Quintet and the Bedwyn Saga (Mary Balogh), The Hathaways (Lisa Kleypas),  House of Pleasure (Kate Pearce) and the Meredith Gentry series (Laurell K. Hamilton).

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Sep 23, 2011, 11:27:00 AM , OpenID wanderinghues said...

I think BDB is going to be a favourite this week. I admit I tend to read Z's book fairly regularly, as well as Rhage's. Okay and I read Lover Unleashed three times on the day it was released. :)

I'm a new follower (Happy FF!)

Tania @ Wandering Hues

 
At Sep 23, 2011, 4:58:00 PM , Blogger Michelle @ Book Briefs said...

Wow you have re-read a lot of series! Thats great! I really want to read the black dagger brotherhood.

Old Follower. :)

My FF- Book Briefs

-Michelle

 
At Sep 23, 2011, 6:13:00 PM , Blogger kathy said...

I love to reread too! I haven't heard of most of those, but I do love the Harry Potter books. I've never listened to any of the audiobooks. I think I'll try them the next time I want my HP fix. :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

 
At Sep 23, 2011, 8:16:00 PM , Blogger Yto said...

love harry potter. it's one of those series you SHOULD reread to get all the details. it's awesome.

 
At Sep 23, 2011, 8:45:00 PM , Blogger Aeicha @ Word Spelunking said...

I've never listened to any audio versions of the HP series but I really must do this sometime.

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

 
At Sep 23, 2011, 8:52:00 PM , Blogger Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Wow, I'm surprised you reread almost all of your books. I would never have the time to do that! But I am kind of jealous that you do...great answer!

Here's my FF!

 
At Sep 23, 2011, 10:08:00 PM , Blogger Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I definitely want to read the rest of BDB very soon. I loved the first one.
My Hop

 
At Sep 23, 2011, 10:43:00 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Hi & Happy Friday!

You have re-read some fantastic series :)

Thank-you for stopping by my blog earlier www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend..

 
At Sep 23, 2011, 11:10:00 PM , Blogger Emma Michaels said...

Happy Follow Friday!

I hope you will stop by and check out our twitter event going on today!
http://OurBooksOurVoice.Blogspot.com

Sincerely,
Emma

 
At Sep 24, 2011, 3:11:00 AM , OpenID bookdout said...

Hi
Ive only read the first of the BDB series - it's a popular choice for this questions so obviously I need to keep reading it

Shelleyrae @ Book'd out

 
At Sep 24, 2011, 1:21:00 PM , Blogger Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Hi - thanks for popping by my blog earlier; your series recommendations are all being noted! Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home