This Page

has been moved to new address

Friday Features (4)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Friday Features (4)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Friday Features (4)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Friday Features (4)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Friday Features (4)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Friday Features (4)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Friday Features (4)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Friday Features (4)

Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Features (4)



Follow (by book blog) Friday is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. This week they feature Lisa Loves Literature, whose blog I'm already following (really great one!) and Once Upon A Prologue (amazing blog design, respect!)
This week's question is:
If you could change the ending of any book (or series), which book would you choose? And, why?
That's like opening Pandora's Box. There are a few books where I (you?) aren't completely happy with the ending. Maybe because some body died or the girl ended up with the wrong guy or...there endless possibilities. Most of the time though I'm quite happy with the plot, even when it didn't exactly turned out as I wanted. But of course sometimes I'm really upset with ending - Spoilers coming after the book titles!


The Time Traveler's Wife - That's one of my favorite romances. What would I give to see Henry live. I know it makes the book even more special but Clare and Henry suffered so much...they should have been able to spend the rest of their live together.


Lily-Josephine - almost the same scenario as in The Time Traveler's Wife. Such an amazing love story and then Lily dies. OMG, I cried endlessly. If you haven't read this book, get it. It's awesome!

Ok, I thing I'm just realising that I want to change the somebody-dies-part in all my favorite super sad books. I guess I should stop it now :)
I know that I'm sometimes upset about the plot development, but even if my life depends on it I can't remember any books at the moment. Maybe because they are not necessarily my favorite books.
What I would like to change though is the ending of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I love this books and I thing the plot is fantastic but I would like to know more about all of the surviving characters in the future.

Book Blogger HopThe Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books.
This week's question is:
“What are you most looking forward to this fall/autumn season – A particular book release? Halloween? The leaves changing color? Cooler temperatures? A vacation? (If your next season is other than fall/autumn, tell us about it and what you are most looking forward to in your part of the world!)”

Ok, I'm still half-asleep and not very creative at the moment. Of course I'm looking forward to quite a few books, being publish before christmas but it's not like waiting for the final Harry Potter book. I do like the colour changes in fall. Unfortunately they already start and it's getting dark so early. I'm not looking forward to the dark half a year, that's for sure. Cooler temperature? Kidding? I'm living in England, we never had any hot ones. I guess that comes with the country description though. This summer was crap, I didn't even wear most of my summer clothes at all! Ok, enough complaining! Holidays? Nothing planned until christmas. We don't celebrate Halloween (at least not in the scary way but it's my sister's birthday). So I will just read, read and read a bit more ;)

Labels: , , , ,

26 Comments:

At Sep 2, 2011, 10:42:00 AM , Blogger Book Crook Liza said...

I totally feel you on The Time Traveller's Wife. Man, I was BAWLING at the end. Very, very unfair ending! Great answer!

Happy Friday!
http://bookcrookliza.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-me-friday-5.html

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 12:10:00 PM , Blogger duchess_mommy said...

Already following, but stopping by for Follow Friday!

I couldn't really grasp the time-travel concept in 'The Time Travelers Wife.' I could in 'Hourglass', and 'Passion' but I'm not sure why, I gave up on the book too easy maybe? I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Have a great weekend!
Teresa

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 12:24:00 PM , Blogger Pepca said...

I would change The Time Traveler's ending, too.
Isn't it curious how people are never satisfied with the weather or climate where they live - a cooler climate would be one of the major pros form e to live in England:)

Have a great weekend!

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 1:02:00 PM , Blogger Anne said...

I totally agree about the Time Traveler's Wife ending. I saw the movie and the book was so much better!
I am a new follower.

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 1:12:00 PM , Blogger Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Cooler weather! And September is my Un-Birthday Book Month!

Here's my list of books I'm looking forward to this fall!

And it's time for
Readerbuzz's September Giveaway! A $25 Amazon Giveaway! and It's Time for the Indie Lit Awards!


Stop by! I always follow back.

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 3:44:00 PM , Blogger Liz. R said...

I agree about Deathly Hallows, I did like the ending but would have loved to have known more about the characters that survived! Have a great weekend :).

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 4:09:00 PM , Blogger ~Valen~ said...

New Follower!

oh, good ideas! and though I wouldn't change anything about Deathly Hallows, I *would* also like to know more about the characters. Hopefully a physical encyclopedia will be released one day!

~Valen

thereadersheartstring.blogspot.com

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 5:57:00 PM , Blogger Tribute Books Mama said...

Have a happy Friday!, just blogging by.

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 6:49:00 PM , Blogger Carmel @ Rabid Reads said...

I absolutely LOVED The Time Traveler's Wife. It would have been great had Henry lived but I realize not every book can have a happy ending and overall this one's wasn't too shabby anyway!

I'm a new follower.

Carmel @ Rabid Reads / Twitter

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 7:24:00 PM , Blogger Annie @ButteryBooks said...

We have the opposite weather senario in Texas. The temperatures are sweltering and we desperately need rain.
The 3 new releases I'm looking forward to are The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, Reamde by Neal Stephenson, and 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami.

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 7:37:00 PM , Blogger Howard Sherman said...

This week’s question is perfect for Labor Day weekend with the “official” end of summer and all.

I’m all about fall! I love all four seasons and I’m sorry to see summer go (I hope to get in a few more swims in my pool) but I’m also amped up for Autumn.

Why?

For most of the same reasons we all like autumn – fall foods, Halloween, the chill in the air, changing leaves and candy corn. But I’ve got a scary slant to why I’m angling for autumn. Hop on over to my book blog at http://www.howardsherman.net to read all about the murder, mayhem, seriously spooky stuff and even some BSP!

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 8:19:00 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I hate it when people die too, usually because if I'm attached I will cry and my non-book obsessed family thinks I'm a right wierdo.

I live in Scotland so I second the crappy weather. And summer clothes?! I don't bother buying any. Spend that money on books ;)

Thanks for stopping by :)

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 9:46:00 PM , Blogger Annie @ TheBookHour said...

Cool post!

I'm a new follower.

Have a great weekend. :)

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 10:05:00 PM , OpenID thecheapreader said...

I wish Henry had lived too! Ugh. That ending killed me a bit.

Alison at The Cheap Reader

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 10:18:00 PM , Blogger Emma Michaels said...

I am a new follower!
Hope you will stop by and check out my new multi-author blog 'The Writers Voice' with myself, Kristie Cook, Jamie Magee, Kim Richardson, Keary Taylor, Victoria Simcox, Jessica Sorensen, Brenda Pandos, Samantha Young, Jayde Scott, Megg Jensen, Danyelle Leafty and guest authors!

The Writers Voice
"Where you get to know the people behind the pages."


If you suggest your favorite author in the comments we will see if we can contact them for an interview, guest post or other exclusive content!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
http://ourbooksourvoice.blogspot.com/
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 10:22:00 PM , Blogger Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I like that Henry died even though it was sad. It worked well. I wish the very end had been written better, of him coming back when she was old.
My Hop

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 10:24:00 PM , Blogger Kristin Aragon said...

I'm definitely moving somewhere cooler next summer...LOL! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

My Follow Friday

Have a great weekend!
~Kristin

 
At Sep 2, 2011, 11:10:00 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

Yeah okay, I wish Henry had survived in Time Traveler's Wife. I sobbed a little at that one, they so deserved a happily ever after :(
And I quite liked the cool summer - heat makes me headachey and light headed so bring on the clouds! :p

Thanks for stopping by my blog, following you now :)

 
At Sep 3, 2011, 1:52:00 AM , Anonymous Angel C @ Mermaid Vision Books said...

Oh gosh YES to Time Traveler's Wife. I cried for ten minutes straight after that last scene. :(

 
At Sep 3, 2011, 3:08:00 AM , Blogger Cameo Renae said...

Just hopping in to say "hello!" Thanks for visiting my blog. Great answer!

 
At Sep 3, 2011, 2:18:00 PM , OpenID bookchilla said...

oh yeah, ending of Time Traveller's wife sucks. but its still a good book :) hopping back!

 
At Sep 3, 2011, 7:33:00 PM , Blogger Lisa Mandina said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I didn't think of Time Travelor's Wife, but I agree with you on that!

 
At Sep 3, 2011, 9:24:00 PM , Blogger Cameo Renae said...

Hopping in... :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! You have some great answers! Old follower ;)
♥ Cameo

 
At Sep 4, 2011, 4:16:00 PM , Blogger KristinCanRead said...

Just hopping through. Friday Post! New Follower!

 
At Sep 4, 2011, 11:56:00 PM , Blogger bookbitereviews said...

I haven't read any of them so i couldn't read you post, but thanks so much for stopping by mine =D

New Follower!

 
At Sep 6, 2011, 2:51:00 AM , Blogger Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

Awww YES to the TTW ending. I liked the VERY end but I so wish Henry had lived.

I'm following you back from FF. Thank you for visiting my blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home