This Page

has been moved to new address

Friday Features (5)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Friday Features (5)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Friday Features (5)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Friday Features (5)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Friday Features (5)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Friday Features (5)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Friday Features (5)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Friday Features (5)

Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Features (5)


Follow my Friday is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.
This week's question is:
Have you ever wanted a villain to win at the end of a story? If so, which one?
As usually an interesting question, which is just my way of saying that I don't have a clue. Spontaneously I can't remember that I ever wanted the villain to win. Sometimes I don't care about the hero/heroine and therefore don't care either who wins in the end but this isn't exactly the same.
I can only think of semi-evil characters I was rooting for. For example Severus Snape. He isn't exactly a positive character and I know in the end he played for the right team, but throughout most of the books he was kind of mean and I still loved him.
And I always preferred Damon Salvatore from the Vampire Diaries. His brother is just too good and therefore actually annoying.


The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books.
Book Blogger Hop
This week's question is:
Many of us primarily read one genre of books, with others sprinkled in. If authors stopped writing that genre, what genre would you start reading? Or would you give up reading completely if you couldn’t read that genre anymore?

I do read books from several genres, so I should be save. Ok, if you count romance as a genre and paranormal, YA, GLBT, erotic and historical as subgenres, then I would be screwed ;)
I do prefer reading this but I wouldn't stop reading if romance literature would suddenly be banned. I went backpacking to Japan a few years ago and couldn't take any books with me. I felt as if some part of my body was amputated! I started taking books, which travellers left behind, from one hostel to another. Exchanging a read one against a fresh one. Perfect example for my book dependency!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At Sep 9, 2011, 10:20:00 AM , Blogger Lan said...

LOL. No answer is a popular answer tonight.

Old follower. My FF post: The Write Obsession

While you're there don't forget to enter by Wolfborn giveaway!

 
At Sep 9, 2011, 11:33:00 AM , Blogger Brett @ Demons Read Too said...

I like Damon too. He's bad, but you know there's some good very deep down.

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At Sep 9, 2011, 12:24:00 PM , Blogger Books4Juliet said...

Nice answer. I like romance too, YA or any contemporary. But I am mostly drawn to YA, may it be fantasy, paranormal, chick-lit, dystopian, a little sci-fi... but no to crimes and horror... I'm easily freaked out.... =P Anyway, here's my Friday Hops.

old follower,
April

 
At Sep 9, 2011, 1:32:00 PM , Blogger nymfaux said...

Hi!--New follower!

love the name Nimue!--isn't that from Aurthurian legend?--I remember watching the tv movie Merlin, and she was a character!

And oooh!!! Severus!!! Good answer!!!--As for me, I've been reading A Game of Thrones, and I can't help but root for Tyrion!--It's not his fault he was born a Lannister!

Have a great weekend!

(\__/)nymfaux

 
At Sep 9, 2011, 6:03:00 PM , Blogger Pepca said...

I do occasionally root for the villain or as you say semi-evil character to, if not win, have a happy ending. I haven't heard of Severus Snape before, but I am so with you on Damon.

We seem to agree on most of things - the reading matter also. I read a lot of genres and most of those you mention are my favourite too, so it would be bad if those ceased to exist by 'm sure I'd find something else to read.

Old follower:) Have a great weekend!

http://beyondstrangenewwords.blogspot.com/2011/09/book-blogger-hop-28-follow-friday-3.html

 
At Sep 9, 2011, 7:05:00 PM , Blogger Michelle @ Book Briefs said...

Yes! Oh what a good answer! Snape is perfect bc I agree about the semi- evil people.

My FF- Book Briefs

-Michelle

 
At Sep 9, 2011, 8:52:00 PM , Blogger Tia said...

Quite a few people have mentioned the VA series! I haven't read it yet though!

My Follow Friday!

 
At Sep 9, 2011, 10:05:00 PM , Blogger Jenni Elyse said...

I said Snape as well. I only rooted for him because he's a gray villain. He had redeeming qualities. I'd never root for Voldemort, though, because he's as black as black can get (as far as villains are concerned).

 
At Sep 11, 2011, 10:21:00 AM , Blogger Jacob @ Drying Ink said...

Haha, Snape's always a good one, though I went for Brandin from Tigana instead - completely tragic. Thanks for stopping by over at Drying Ink! I'm following back now.

 
At Sep 14, 2011, 2:15:00 AM , Blogger LindsayWrites said...

hey! i'm a follower here! i'm spreading the word about Teen Shiver, a new group of YA authors that have combined together! stop by the Teen Shiver blog and follow us?? :)

http://teenshiver.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home