This Page

has been moved to new address

On my Wishlist (3)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: On my Wishlist (3)

This Page

has been moved to new address

On my Wishlist (3)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: On my Wishlist (3)

This Page

has been moved to new address

On my Wishlist (3)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: On my Wishlist (3)

This Page

has been moved to new address

On my Wishlist (3)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: On my Wishlist (3)

Saturday, September 3, 2011

On my Wishlist (3)

I'm a big fan of the Book Chick City blog. On Saturday's the girls there host a meme called On my Wishlist, where we post books we urgently want to own but don't have yet. It doesn't matter if this book are not published yet or they are already older.


Titel: The Scorpio Races
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Release Date: 18th October 2011
Goodreads Summary
It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die.

At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.

Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn’t given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition — the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen.

I don't know how, but somehow I managed to oversee that Maggie Stiefvater has a new book coming out. And it's fantasy and it sounds like exactly my cup of tea. Isn't it great!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Sep 3, 2011, 9:02:00 PM , Blogger Safari Poet said...

This definitely sounds different and I love horses, so it should be good.

On My Wishlist

 
At Sep 3, 2011, 9:14:00 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

This has such a general description I wasn't sure what to think of it but from some of the pre-release buzz, it sounds sort of good and it's Maggie Stiefvater! It keeps popping up on all of my recommendation lists too.

Hope this makes it to your TBR pile. :)

My Wishlist

 
At Sep 3, 2011, 9:44:00 PM , Blogger Mari - Escape In A Book said...

I want this one so bad!

 
At Sep 3, 2011, 11:14:00 PM , Blogger Liz. R said...

Ooh, The Scorpio Races is awesome! I really loved it, great choice! :)

 
At Sep 4, 2011, 12:07:00 AM , Blogger Shari said...

Oh Yeah! Anything by Maggie and I wanna read it. Glad to have found you today, I'm a new follower. If you get a chance you can see my wishlist here:
http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2011/09/on-my-wishlist-13.html
Have a great week!
Shari

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home