This Page

has been moved to new address

Review: Crave by Melissa Darnell

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Review: Crave by Melissa Darnell

This Page

has been moved to new address

Review: Crave by Melissa Darnell

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Review: Crave by Melissa Darnell

This Page

has been moved to new address

Review: Crave by Melissa Darnell

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Review: Crave by Melissa Darnell

This Page

has been moved to new address

Review: Crave by Melissa Darnell

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Review: Crave by Melissa Darnell

Monday, September 26, 2011

Review: Crave by Melissa Darnell


Author: Melissa Darnell
websitegoodreads
Titel: Crave
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
Series: The Clann #1
Release Date: 25th October 2011
Rating: 5 of 5 Stars
Source: ARC through NetGalley
Get it: Amazon | Book Depository 
Goodreads Summary
Savannah Colbert has been shunned all her life by the kids of the Clann. And when she undergoes some drastic changes after a strange illness, Savannah learns secrets about the group and about herself—dangerous secrets. For the Clann are powerful magic users, and Savannah herself is half Clann and half vampire—a forbidden, unheard of combination. Falling for Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman isn't just a bad idea—it could be deadly if anyone finds out. But her attraction to Tristan—and his to her—isn't something either of them can resist for long.

When I saw the cover for this book I was intrigued. It's gorgeous, the girl looks vulnerable and strong at the same time and the red-white theme is fascinating. Then I read the blurb and I was sure that this is my kind of book. And luckily I was right. I enjoyed reading Crave a lot. So much that I couldn't put it down and read until 2 am.
Though the summary already hints at the paranormal background in this story it starts like a normal high school story. There are groups, cool and not so cool, people ignore each other and so on. And then you get to know Savannah, who doe have two very good friends, but is ignored by almost everyone else. Especially the kids of the so-called Clann. When I saw the word Clann the first time, I had to think of Jean Auel's Earth's Cildren saga. Weird connection, I know, but I can't get rid of it.
The mystery about the Clann isn't resolved immediately. You know that Savannah is on their blacklist and that all kids are supposed to stay away from her even the ones which were her friends once. Their is a constant increase in tension. Weird, paranormal things are happening and Savannah is changing. In something unknown. And the old attraction between Tristan and Savannah is flaming up again. They shared their first kiss, years ago, but Tristan never forgot and though he is supposed to ignore her, he can't.
I really love this story. I like how two paranormal themes (magic and vampires) are united here in a new inventive way. The whole magic part was very fascinating and I definitely want to know more about it.
And what I also like a lot about this book are the main characters. Savannah and Tristan are amazing persons. They aren't perfect but they are very lovable. I liked Tristan's protective streaks, how he tries to be near Savannah (the whole dream part is just great! - read it and you will see! ), how he helps her and how he becomes more grown up by making his own decisions. Savannah has to face a lot of unknown fears and she is facing them quite bravely. She is very determined and caring. And the tension between her and Tristan, woohoo! It's sizzling. I was massively hooked and was reading on and on to know what will happen next.
Luckily the story ended with closure and there are only a few loose ends which led to the next installment in this series, Covet. And I will pick up the next book for sure!


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At Sep 26, 2011, 6:05:00 PM , Blogger Melliane said...

waouh, I was very intrigued by this book and I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the review

 
At Sep 27, 2011, 1:43:00 AM , Blogger Temara said...

This book sounds great especially since I love vampires and magic. I can't wait to buy this book and read it thanks for the review!!!

 
At Sep 28, 2011, 6:42:00 AM , Blogger readingrhinopress said...

Awesome review! I definitely have to check this one out! :)

 
At Sep 29, 2011, 6:27:00 AM , Blogger mamabunny13 said...

The cover of this book really is eye catching isn't it? I want to want to read this book because the cover is so beautiful but paranormal is one of the genres I haven't had the desire to venture into yet. I did like your review though. What's funny really funny is when I read the word Clann, I thought the same thing you did! lol

 
At Sep 29, 2011, 4:46:00 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I really love the sound of this story from how you describe it. And I love both magic and vampires, so this might definitely be a good fit for me! And the characters sound wonderful as well. Great, great review! I'm super intrigued and will definitely put this book on my wishlist! :)

Rebecca
Kindle Fever

 
At Sep 29, 2011, 9:44:00 PM , Blogger Karis Jacobstein said...

I'm looking forward to this even more now that i've read your review. Glad you liked it!

http://yalitwit.blogspot.com

 
At Sep 30, 2011, 5:20:00 AM , Blogger Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

Wow! Definitely one to add to my wishlist.

 
At Sep 30, 2011, 2:18:00 PM , Blogger Lorrra18 said...

This looks very good, I didn't know about this book until now so thank you for this amazing review.

 
At Sep 30, 2011, 3:34:00 PM , Blogger Angelica Joy said...

I love the cover, and I'm ashamed to admit it but sometimes I do judge a book by it's cover LOL

Thanks for the amazing review, it's really made me want to pick "Crave" up. Can't believe I missed it at Netgalley :(

This sounds like a really different take on vampires and magic and the combination of the two is already quite original.

 
At Sep 30, 2011, 8:39:00 PM , Blogger YzhaBella's BookShelf said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I am intrigued to see how Melissa Darnell combined the magical and vampiric themes.

Great Job!

 
At Oct 1, 2011, 12:15:00 PM , Blogger BooksforCompany said...

I am also very intrigued by this cover and love that the magic and vampire bit being put together worked for you
Hope I get the chance to read this one day =)

 
At Oct 1, 2011, 6:34:00 PM , Blogger Mel said...

This sounds like a really enjoyable book - and I love the cover! :)

 
At Oct 2, 2011, 4:14:00 PM , Blogger Adriana said...

I like your review.Love enter first through the eyes, so there it got me, is a really good cover I love red covers.
Ii sound like a really good story I love paranormal books with a lot of romance so I definitively will look for this one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home