This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Ten Tuesday (6)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Top Ten Tuesday (6)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Ten Tuesday (6)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Top Ten Tuesday (6)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Ten Tuesday (6)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Top Ten Tuesday (6)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Ten Tuesday (6)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Endlessly Bookish: Top Ten Tuesday (6)

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (6)

This Meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish which are officially fond of lists. Every Tuesday they post a new Top Ten List on something and want other people to join in.
This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me
That's a fabulous question. First I thought about classics but then I realized that I'm for sure not the only one who hasn't touched a classic book since finishing school (I was so much better as a teenager. I actually read War and Peace on my own when I was 15!). At least I watching all this new adaptions of Brontë  and Austen books. On the other hand since I started book blogging and cruising though a lot of YA book blogs, I feel as if I haven't read what everyone else is reading. At any rate I read the Hunger Games last month, which I already felt guilty about for postponing endlessly.

1. The Vampire Academy Series - Michelle Mead
I have no clue how but somehow I managed to not read any book of this series though it seems to be quite good and for sure is popular. Now that I even won a copy of the spin-off Bloodlines...I should start reading from the beginning!

2. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
That's one of the modern classics which is on my to-read-list since at least a decade and there is no excuse (or maybe because I'm not American I'm excused? I know that's a weak one.).

3. Starcrossed - Josephine Angelini
Everyone has read this book, except me. And I do have it, just not read yet.

4. Matched - Ally Condie
I was so exited for this book. And I love the cover. And I will read it, soon...

5. Millennium Series - Stieg Larsson
I'm not very much into thrillers. But this series is a phenomenon, so I want to read it. But it's not very high on my massive TBR pile. Should I rethink this?

6. Southern Vampire Series - Charlaine Harris
I love True Blood and I know it's based on Charlaine Harris' books. Normally I always read the books first and can then complain about the movie/TV-version. Did I mention I love the series, so I don't want to ruin it...

7. Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick
I fell in love with the cover the fist time I saw the book in a shop. And everyone loves it. I'm sure I will to, when I finally get around reading it.

8. Divergent - Veronica Roth
I'm kind of afraid of dystopian literature but everyone absolutely adores this book! And I loved the Hunger Games, though they are dystopian...

9. Paranormalcy - Kiersten White
I was so excited to read this paranormal adventure and still am. Missions to accomplish!

10. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins The blob makes this book sounds like my kind of book. And I am intrigued. I'm even following the author on twitter (because she is funny). And I'm sure at some point I will read it. MAybe when my TBR pile isn't 260 books big anymore ;)

Ok, now I feel like catching up on my reading so that I can finally read all this fantastic book...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Sep 20, 2011, 10:26:00 PM , Blogger Book Crook Liza said...

I'd definitely recommend reading Vampire Academy before reading Bloodlines! I'm reading Bloodlines and there are tons of spoilers for VA in it! To Kill a Mockingbird is a good book! And I haven't read Starcrossed, Divergent or Paranormalcy either! Hush Hush is a series I really like! And Anna and the French Kiss is the next book I plan to read!

 
At Sep 20, 2011, 10:54:00 PM , Blogger YA Book Queen said...

You should definitely check out VA - such an amazing series! :)

 
At Sep 20, 2011, 11:35:00 PM , Blogger Jenni Elyse said...

I've only read two on your list and every other one is a Yes, Yes, Yes for this list! I feel like everyone else has read them too.

 
At Sep 21, 2011, 12:10:00 AM , Blogger Badass Bookie said...

OMG how can you have not read so so many great book??? I recommend you start Anna and the French Kiss asap and then read Divergent ( which was one of my faves of the year) and Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead which is my fav vamp series in the world and then Paranormalcy which is so so funny and then Starcrossed which has the cutest romance ( Hector is a doll!) and then Hush Hush and meh for the other ones!

 
At Sep 21, 2011, 12:24:00 PM , Blogger Pepca said...

We have one book in common. Most of the other books on your list are on my to-read list.

 
At Sep 21, 2011, 3:56:00 PM , Blogger Alexa said...

The Vampire Academy series and Matched area also on my list this Tuesday.

But I'd definitely recommend reading Divergent. And then Anna and the French Kiss!

 
At Sep 21, 2011, 6:30:00 PM , OpenID carolsnotebook said...

I've only read a couple on your list.

 
At Sep 22, 2011, 2:43:00 AM , OpenID couchpotatocritic said...

Nope, not being American is not an excuse for not having read To Kill a Mockingbird. :p Read it!

I'm definitely not a fan of dystopian stuff, but I kind of liked Divergent (and I'm doing a giveaway of it right now at my blog, if you're interested). The world Roth created was interesting, and I liked the characters.

Larsson's series is good, but extremely violent. If you're squeamish about that kind of thing (especially violence towards women), you might consider going slowly with that series. Lizbeth is a kick-ass character, though, and I'll probably watch the film adaption when it's released (the American version, that is. The version first made in Denmark was good as well).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home